The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Wednesday, December 28, 2011



OMG!!! It's The Hobbit! The Hobbit! I'm so excited! Too bad I have to wait till next year December. *sigh*

Years ago when I was 16, I was a librarian. Ah.......I was a librarian in a small 105 year old secondary school called Canossa Convent. The library was located at the top of the hall where some people think it's eerie. Being a poor school, it couldn't afford to have any air-conditioner in the library. Nobody want to put themselves in a hot and stuffy library after an exhausting day at school. Come on.......would you? It's like putting yourself into a hot oven. Some students have not even once stepped into the library throughout their years in the school before. So you can imagine how the library looked like without any students but only us librarians and racks of books.

Back then I was just a normal librarian and all I was assigned to do was arrange the books. It's a rather silly job when the books were often left barely touched. Some of the books were even covered with dust so thick that it'll scare you off the moment you see it. You wouldn't want to lay your fingers on them.

One day, as usual I wandered around the library searching for interesting storybooks while pretending like I'm arranging the books. Books by books, my hands ran over them until at last I picked up a peculiar looking book. It iwas a thick, black hardcover book with nothing but the title "The Hobbit" printed on it. It really looked like a secretive book to me. So, out of curiosity, I took it home and never regret reading it.

It is a magical story of Bilbo Baggins and his journey to Lonely Mountain to reclaim a treasure stolen by Smaug the dragon. This story is somehow related to "The Lord of the Rings" as both stories are written by the same author, J. R. R. Tolkien. If you're a fan of "The Lord of the Rings", I'm sure you'll love "The Hobbit" too.

Woohoo~ I can't wait to watch it in the cinema next year.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs