Peer pressure

Saturday, November 12, 2011


What is peer pressure? I'm sure you all know.

Peer pressure is the pressure exerted by your peer group that can influence you and affect your future.

"近朱者赤, 近墨者黑"

It is a chinese idiom meaning: One takes the behaviour of one's company.


That is why friends are so important to us. Their pressure are so powerful that they can influence and affect you in many ways, sometimes without you realizing it. Don't be surprise when an old friend that you've not met for a couple of years says you changed a lot.

People change. Everyone change as they grow old. Peer pressure is just a small contribution to the change. There are many other factors such as environment, experience and their own willingness to change.

I've been suffering from (indirect)peer pressure lately and I'm quite surprised at it.

My current peer pressure:
1.) They're smart. I want to be.
2.) They're tall. I want to be.
3.) They're beautiful. I want to be.
4.) They have nice clothes. I want.
5.) They have so much fun. I want.
6.) They have boyfriends. I want.
7.) They changed. I want too.

Some kind of pressure I have here. LOL!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs