The Road Not Taken

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I remember vividly the first poem I learned when I was in Form 4. It is The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. A beautiful poem indeed.


The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


I am surprise how this poem relates us to life.
It provokes me to think about the choices I made in life and how it will change my life forever.
It is now the time for me to think about which path I should take in the road of my life.
Whether to go KL or stay in Melaka.
Whether to study Form 6 or go Sunway or Taylor's.
Whether to take up GCE A level or SAM.
Whether I should choose accounting as my career path......or not to?
I know that somehow, one day, I will soon make a decision and that decision would change everything.
Ah...time is running short. I have to make a choice and I think I know what it is already.
Yet, I am afraid of regrets.

Here I am,
Standing in front of the diverged road of my life,
Not knowing which path to go.
I looked down one as far as I could,
To where it bent in the undergrowth.
Long I stood,
And yes...
I finally choose a path,
A path that I doubt is the best for me.
A path that I doubt I would regret.
A path that will make all the difference in life.
However,
Whatever that lays ahead,
I will overcome it without any fear
Because I had chosen the one less travelled by,
And that would make all the difference.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs