Korean movie review: The Perfect Couple

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My new trimester is driving me nuts, especially the Monday schedule. I don't know how I survived the first 2 weeks but I did. 3 more months to go so GAMBATEH!!

To compensate the stress and reward myself for surviving yet another hectic week, I've decided to make every Friday/Saturday night a movie night(since I can't watch dramas....so yeah)!

There are actually a lot of movies uploaded on Youtube, be it english movies, chinese movies, korean movies, japanese movies, indian movies or thai movies, they are all there in FULL. However, most of the movies are rather old already(produced in the 200X) but still, it's worth checking them out. Here's a movie I watched on Youtube.

The Perfect Couple



The Perfect Couple aka The Best Romance is a korean movie directed by Kim Jung Woo, starring Hyun Young as journalist Choi Soo Jin and Lee Dong Wook as detective Kang Jae Hyuk.

Choi Soo Jin is a harebrained journalist with an annoying high-pitched voice while detective Kang Jae Hyuk has a cold personality with peak-phobia. Both of them meet through an incident where Soo Jin accidentally pokes Jae Hyuk's abdomen with a fish skewer, something that Jae Hyuk fears immensely. The situation got further complicated when both of them are assigned to produce a reality television program about Jae Hyuk's police work.


My review:

Fast paced, hilarious and enjoyable but lack of romance.
Can I change the title? This movie should be called The Crazy Couple instead of The Prefect Couple.

That gaze! That gaze! *faint* lol

Since this movie is able to lighten my mood and make me feel happy, I have no complaints because it's fine even without much romance. There isn't a dull moment as the movie moved on quickly from scenes to scenes that's sure to make you laugh. Not to mention, some cool actions from Lee Dong Wook towards the end of the movie, which is a plus. Oh, can I change the movie title? It should be The Crazy Couple instead of The Prefect Couple.

The only thing that bugs me is Hyun Young's voice. I even read a comment on Youtube commenting: "The movie would be even better if the girl is a mute." Hahaha! So bad!

Despite the lack of romance, an unspeakable onscreen chemistry seems to exist between the two actors. Strange, huh?

Overall, I enjoyed this movie very much. It was much better than I expected.




Thanks a lot for reading guys!


2 comments :

  1. Nice review. This is a great and cute movie plus very funny and romantic. What else can I say?... It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Glad that you love the movie! =D

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs