Chasing dreams

Friday, December 2, 2011


Quote of the day:

"A dream is not just a dream if only we have the courage and determination to make it happen.
You are the owner of your dream and it's up to you to make it happen."



Do you have any dreams?
I am not talking about the dream you have when you're asleep but the dreams of your life.



Everybody has a dream.
What is yours?
How do you define it?

To me, dreams are often the opposite of reality. In fact a dream is an ideal illusion we create in our mind.

A dream is a simple thing that everyone have, can have and should have. I believe it's healthy to have dreams as it serves as a guidance in life. Dream is something you want to achieve in life, a goal, a compass of you life. A person without a dream is like a boat sailing aimlessly in the middle of the deep wide ocean, not knowing where to head. Without dream, life is meaningless and one cannot go far. When there is dream, there is hope and future.

Different people have different dreams. Some want it big, to work in a big company, have a luxurious life; while others want it simple, to live a peaceful and blissful life.

I used to be (still am) that poor aimless boat floating in the middle of the ocean. That's why I chose A-levels, not because I'm smart but to lengthen the time span of another one and a half year for me to determine what I want to study in the future. So, one and a half year passed and I still couldn't decide.

In the end, I accepted my dad's proposal to study foundation in management which I'll then proceed to take degree in accounting next year. The reason my dad gave was accounting jobs are always highly in demand and there is a tiny chance that accountants will face a job crisis. So I accept dad's proposal thinking maybe it's the best for me?

Until today, I still doubt myself in making the right decision. Many questions flooded my mind. What if I find out accounting isn't the thing I want to study? What if I regret on my decision only years later? Will it be too late? All these I-don't-know-what-to-do feelings are suffocating at times.

Despite all those doubts, I have a dream........and my dream is to be the daring heroine in my heart that is brave enough to overcome all obstacles and be the owner of my dreams. (If that makes any sense to you)

Here's an interesting short story I stumbled upon in Wikipedia.


Life is a Dream

The King of Poland has kept his son Segismundo secretly imprisoned since birth because an oracle prophesied that the prince would bring disaster to the country. Telling his subjects that the boy died soon after childbirth, he manages to keep his son hidden until he has grown to be a man. When Segismundo reaches maturity, the King wishes to reveal his son at last, restoring the Prince as rightful heir to the throne. The King brings Segismundo to court and tells him about his Princely heritage. This discovery makes him violent, however, and he rages, killing a servant, attempting to rape a woman, and injuring the King's advisor.
Horrified and certain of the truthfulness of the prophecy, the King has Segismundo drugged and returned to his tower prison. Upon waking he mourns, believing the previous day's events had been nothing more than a dream.
Though he remains oblivious in his cell, the people have discovered Segismundo's plight and break him out of prison. Though Segismundo rejoices, he cannot be sure whether this new development is, in fact, reality or still just a dream.
The rebels persist, though, and Segismundo raises an army of the people. Together they defeat the king, but Segismundo cannot take his father's life. Moved at this gesture, the King proclaims Segismundo heir to his throne. As ruler, he resolves to live by the motto that "God is God," acknowledging that one must strive for goodness whether he is asleep or awake.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs